If you’re looking for something to do this weekend (6/11 – 6/13), Cleveland’s definitely not lacking in options. Myself, I’ll be running around tomorrow and Sunday – hitting up Parade the Circle, the Burning River Roller Girls’ Semi-Finals, and Chef Jam.
However, there are a variety of other things going on, including a number of community festivals, arts and shopping markets, and even a comic book convention. If you’re a True Blood fan with DVR, be happy you can record the season premiere since there are so many reasons to be out and about this weekend.
- Burning River Roller Girls’ Semi-Finals: Cleveland’s all-female Roller Derby laces up their skates for the double-header Season 4 Semi-Finals; Sat.; Wolstein Center
- 2010 World Cup games: A number of local bars will be showing the matches with some Cleveland pubs even opening early (my personal recommendation for UK vs US on Sat. is The Pub in Rocky River)
- Made in the 216: A celebration of artists and culinary masters who have chosen to stay and build their businesses in Cleveland; Fri. – Sat.; Detroit Ave and W65th St.
- Italian American Summer Festival: Celebrating its 10th year of Italian food, culture and entertainment; Fri. – Sun.; Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds in Berea
- The Riverfront Irish Festival: The 2nd largest Irish heritage event of the year – topped only by the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade; Fri. – Sun.; Falls River Square in Cuyahoga Falls
Arts and Entertainment Festivals:
- 21st Parade the Circle: Cleveland’s signature summer event and parade; Sat. only; Wade Oval, University Circle
- Discover Gordon Square Arts District Day: Live Performances, Restaurant Specials, Shopping, and Tours – PLUS, shuttles to and from Parade the Circle; Sat. only; Detroit Ave. between W. 54th and W. 78th Sts.
- Chef Jam: 24 of the City’s Best Chefs Cook Up Dishes Themed Around Their Favorite Bands, plus Live Music and Rock Hall Tours; Sun. only; Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- 2nd Annual Screaming Tiki Con: Comics, Toys, and Pop Culture Convention; Fri. – Sun.; Eastwood Expo Center
- 5th Annual Crocker Park Fine Art Fair: The Guild of Artists & Artisans transforms Crocker Park into an outdoor art gallery with 130 individual booths; Sat. – Sun.; Crocker Park