Of course you do!
Between the Piston Power Show and this weekend’s LEGO KidsFest, the I-X Center has been hosting a lot of fun events lately. However, one of their most popular (and my favorite from years past) is right around the corner:
Now in its 6th year, the Fabulous Food Show (Nov. 11-13) is one of my earliest memories of Cleveland. Right after moving here, we attended our first Fabulous Food Show where Scott and I watched a taffy-making demo and met our favorite Food Network chef (tied with Michael Symon, of course!) — Alton Brown.
While Alton won’t be there this year, there are plenty of Food Network culinary personalities to look forward to, including Michael Symon, Ace of Cakes and Sugar High’s Duff Goldman, Guy Fieri, Dinner Impossible’s Robert Irvine and Bobby Flay.
The celebrity chefs will be hosting live cooking demos in the Main Kitchen Theatre, which boasts new theatre-style seating instead of the metal bleachers from years past. The Celebrity Autograph Pavilion will also be open if you have that cookbook you’d like signed by one of the chefs.
Although I’m a little bummed Duff is only going to be there on Friday when I’m at work (Scott and I are huge fans), there are plenty of other things to check out at the Fabulous Food Show including:
- Culinary Celebration Theatre including demos by local talents Chef Kimberly McCune and Michael Ruhlman, as well as others
- More Chef Demo Stages like The Plain Dealer Taste of the Neighborhood Stage and Farmers’ Market Stage
- Sweet Street‘s decadent dessert demos and cake walk (another of my favorite show higlights)
- The Grand Tasting Pavilion featuring wines, beer, Food2 mixologists Alie & Georgia and a Chocolate Bar with chocolate and wine pairings
- More than 225 food vendors to browse for early holiday shopping (or yourself!)
Additionally, included in every Fabulous Food Show ticket is admission to the Cleveland By Hand show which will also be going on in the I-X Center that weekend.
The Cleveland By Hand Fine Art and Craft Festival features more than 225 quality artistans — from fine oil paintings to pottery, leather tanning, metalsmithing and woodcarving.
General admission tickets to the Fabulous Food Show are $25. Reserved seating for the Main Kitchen Theatre (which I’d recommend after not getting them in the past), VIP Meet and Greet packages, and $10 wine and spirit tasting passports are also available at an additional cost.
Tickets can be purchased here or you can enter my giveaway to win 2 General Admission tickets!
There are 6 Easy Ways to Enter the Giveaway
**You must leave a separate comment on this post for each entry**
1) Leave a comment telling me what you’re most looking forward to at this year’s Fabulous Food Show.
2) Leave a comment sharing who’s your favorite celebrity chef (Food Network, local or otherwise).
3) Twitter users can get an extra entry each day for tweeting: “Want to attend the #CLE @FabFoodShow? Check out @ADHicken’s giveaway to win 2 tickets: http://wp.me/pPIgG-Ti“. Each day you do this, you must leave a new comment.
4) Like “Fabulous Food Show” on Facebook.
5) Like “Clue Into Cleveland” on Facebook.
6) Follow @ADHicken on Twitter.
You have until Tuesday, November 8 at 11:59PM to enter. On November 9, I will select a winner using Random.org and will announce the winner’s name on my blog. Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry – Good Luck!
Update: Congrats to entry #20 – Courtney M. for being selected on random.org as the giveaway winner!*** Disclosure: I was provided 2 tickets to the Fabulous Food Show. As always, though, my thoughts and the choice of events I share are 100% my own.