One of the goals on my 30×30 list is to start a major home improvement this year. Scott and I have settled into our house over the last two years, and it’s time to start a couple projects. Short-term? We’re hoping to re-tile one of our rooms this summer. Long-term? We have plans to add on a 3-season room to the back of the house.
Fortunately, The Great Big Home and Garden Expo is back – February 4 through 12!
The first time I went to this annual show was a few months after we moved into our house. As a new homeowner, I was a little over-zealous … stopping at every landscaping and home improvement booth. While there, I picked up a few things for the garden, including a locally handmade glass hummingbird feeder we still hang in our backyard.
This year, I’m heading back with more of a game plan – doing some research for the key projects we’re looking to accomplish.
The 2012 Great Big Home and Garden Expo will fill the IX Center from Feb. 4 through Feb. 12 (show dates and times). Features of this year’s show will include:
- More than 650 exhibitors to help you with your gardening, home improvement, and decorating projects.
- Celebrity guests, including Chip Wade of HGTV’s Curb Appeal; The Block and Designed to Sell and Christopher Straub from season 6 of Project Runway.
- Tours of an eco-friendly Idea Home and two efficient log cabins.
- The Home Builders Association Pavilion, featuring a 53-foot-long interactive mobile display and the Dream Home Theatre.
- Celebrity Designer Rooms created by a Northeast Ohio interior designer and local tv and radio personalities.
- The Gardening Stage presented by Petitti Garden Center with daily gardening seminars on landscape design, flora and furnishing outdoor rooms.
In addition to researching our upcoming home improvement projects, I’m also looking forward to having some fun by checking out the classic tv-themed gardens (Batman, Twilight Zone and The Flintstones are top on my to-see list) and the Easy, Elegant & Entertaining Eats demonstration from Fahrenheit Restaurant’s Chef Rocco Whalen on Feb. 11 and 12.
I hope to see you there too! Tickets are $14 at the door for adults, but buy your tickets online before the show and save $3.
Plus, Clue into Cleveland readers can save even more: Use the code “CLUE” when you’re buying tickets online and they will cost only $10 – a total savings of $4. Purchase tickets here.
I also have 2 tickets to give away that are good for any one day of the Great Home and Garden Expo, Feb. 4 through Feb. 12!
There are 5 Easy Ways to Enter the Giveaway
**You must leave a separate comment on this post for each entry**
1) Leave a comment telling me how you plan to spruce up your home or garden space this year.
4) Add Clue Into Cleveland to your Google Reader or subscribe to receive Clue Into Cleveland posts and leave a comment letting me know you did.
5) Twitter users can get an extra entry each day for tweeting: “Want to spruce up your home and garden? Enter @ADHicken’s giveaway to win @GreatBigShow tickets http://wp.me/pPIgG-10Q″. (Each day you do this, you must leave a new comment.)
You have until Tuesday, January 24 at 11:59PM to enter. On January 25, I will select a winner using Random.org and will announce the winner’s name on my blog. Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry – good luck!
***Disclosure: I was provided 2 Great Big Home and Garden Show tickets for myself and 2 to give away to a reader. As always, though, my thoughts and the choice of events I share are 100% my own.***