Guest Post: A Dog Day in the CLE

One reason I love having local guest bloggers stop by is that I get a lot of great ideas on how to spend a day in Cleveland. Today’s post by Ann McDonald from Dogs in the CLE makes me wish my cat Chloe wasn’t such a homebody.

Guest blogger: www.DogsintheCLE.com

Guest blogger: www.DogsintheCLE.com

First of all, I want to thank Amanda for letting me guest post on her blog. As a blogging newbie I am excited to be featured on her blog – one of my favorites to read to find out what’s going on the CLE.

One of the reasons I started blogging about dog-friendly places in Cleveland was to find more places I could take my dog. Before I got a dog I had no idea the guilt that I would feel leaving him for long periods of time. Lucky for me I have discovered there’s enough dog-friendly places in Cleveland that it’s possible to spend your day with your dog and still get out and enjoy the city.

Cleveland parks are among the most dog-friendly in Ohio, bars and patios spread across the city welcome dogs, and tons of local businesses cater to the dog-loving crowd. Here’s my rundown of how to spend a day with your dog from sunrise to sunset and still get everything you need to do accomplished:

A Dog Day in the CLE: Pomerian-about-town Hunter and his buddy Sampson enjoy brunch at Luxe

Pomerian-about-town Hunter and his buddy Sampson enjoy brunch at Luxe

BREAKFAST/BRUNCH

Any weekend or day off should start with brunch, at least in my opinion. There are lots of great patios to take your dog, but for an everyday dog-friendly brunch, you can’t do better than Lucky’s. This is one of my favorite brunch spots in Cleveland, and the casual patio is great for hanging out with your dog. It does get crowded on weekends, so your best bet is to go early or on a weekday. If you’re spending the day with your dog on a Sunday, Luxe and Rocky River Wine Bar, two of the best patios on the west side, also hold dog-friendly brunches.

SHOPPING

Have some shopping to do but don’t want to leave your dog at home? Bring a friend along and hit up Crocker Park with your dog. The outdoor shopping complex welcomes dogs, providing a “Fido Station” with bags to clean up after your dog. Although I’ve heard that you can bring your dog into some stores if they’re in a bag or carrier, if you do plan to do more than window shop, you may want to bring a friend to hang out with your dog. There are a lot of outside seating areas to hang out, and Aladdin’s and Chipotle will allow you to eat on their patios with your dog.

If you need to get some grocery shopping done, you can make a stop at one of the local farmer’s markets with your dog. The Downtown Farmers Market in Public Square, Gordon Square Farmers’ Market and Tremont Farmers’ Market are all dog friendly. Tremont Farmers’ Market, held on Tuesdays, also hosts many dog-related vendors and holds a Dog Daze of Summer event featuring speakers and dog demos.

A Dog Day in the CLE: Crocker Park makes it easy for shopping dog-owners to pick up after their pup

Crocker Park makes it easy for shopping dog-owners to pick up after their pup

EXERCISE

Hate to leave your dog at home when you go to the gym? Thank Dog Bootcamp is a dog-friendly workout option held on Wednesday and Thursday evenings and Saturday and Sunday mornings either at South Chagrin Reservation or Beachwood City Park. In the winter months, they move indoors. My dog and I tried this recently and loved it! It was great to be able to work out with my dog. The boot camp also focuses on dog obedience, so it’s a great way to work on training your dog as well.

DINNER

On the west side some of my favorite dog friendly dining spots are Nano Brew in Ohio City and Clifton Martini and Wine Bar in Lakewood. Not only is the food delicious at both places, but the patios are large enough to feel comfortable hanging out with your dog while you eat. For a list of dog friendly patios check out: http://www.dogsinthecle.com/#!patios-bars/c1c2t

Disclaimer: Since I live on the west side, this dog day is very west-side focused. But don’t worry, if you’re an eastsider there’s still plenty of dog-friendly things to do. Some of the best spots for eastsiders to spend the day with their dog – Holden Arboretum, Fairport Harbor for swimming and Legacy Village for shopping.

Ann McDonald blogs at www.dogsinthecle.com. At the age of 14 she was finally successful in convincing her parents to get a dog (a crazy beagle named Daisy) and it’s been a love affair ever since. When she’s not checking out dog-friendly spots with her curious and social Pomeranian, Hunter, she can be found planning trips she can’t afford and thinking about what she is going to eat next.

56 thoughts on “Guest Post: A Dog Day in the CLE

1. photoshop 2015

Interesante, coincido en muchas cosas. Creo que en general photoshop ha mejorado muchisimo en las ultimas
    versiones en cuanto a facilidad de uso, además de las peculiaridades que
    se han ido añadiendo.

2. vurpe

My family members always say that I am killing my time here at
    net, except I know I am getting familiarity daily by reading such good
    content.

3. hipnosis

These patients had higher Hypnotic susceptibility scores than did controls, showing a high
    susceptibility score to become a good predictor of reply to Hypnotic treatment among such patients.
    From after that time, no cost of embarrassment or rejection mattered that
    a good deal. So keep on confirming and believing and will
    also be led to the place where you need to be (having every one of the right knowledge in your hands not to mention the ability).

4. printed shirts Columbus Ohio

Screen Printing is typically used-to decorate as
    much as 10 position colors knit garments such as for example tee-shirts with single color, procedure colors,
    special-effects or perhaps a mix of all. Screenprinting
    is, generally, clothing to be decorated by essentially the most affordable way for competitors,
    handouts fundraisers, occasions, parties and much more.
    Many patterns have brilliancy and excellent fastness when placed
    on quality clothes. Pricing is dependant on quantity, variety of colors applied and the picture sophistication.

5. renovate

It is known fact that a great bathroom will increase the value of any house.

But still of you are thinking to renovate the house yourself then you will need to start
    with proper planning and precautionary measures for reaching your desired location.
    Sophisticated preparation as well as comparing rates
    of different suppliers of bathroom accessories would make certain that you accomplish the preeminent result
    in your bathroom that fully matches all your requirements and also fits in your financial plan.

6. Thomas

There is not any unlock for the stock iOS 4.3.One specific yet.
    To do a month or two month tour would not be almost possible,
    and one’m not prepared to go out without the whole band.
    I created the illusion of a strong, impenetrable lock.

7. Bermuda Fila Life Cinza

Why can’t a hospital smell of flowers and not
    of disinfectant. The shawl, the fan and the gestures all speak of
    love, passion and obsessions that reveal secret desires
    enhanced by the tempo of the guitar and the double-entendre
    of some the songs. It will not only make you smart but will also make men go crazy.

My webpage Bermuda Fila Life Cinza

8. one stop cartridge shop

The sealed cartridges can be stored for more than two years before being
    used because they do not contain ink which would dry up.
    You would want every detail of your home’s interior design to
    bear a mark of your touch. That way if the one stop cartridge shop
    happens to not work properly, you will have lost less toner.

9. lose body

Hello, i believe that i saw you visited my web site thus i came to return the want?.I am attempting to in finding things
    to enhance my web site!I assume its adequate to use a few of your concepts!!

10. Oakley Lentes

My brother suggested I would possibly like this blog.
    He was entirely right. This put up actually made my day.
    You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent
    for this information! Thanks!

11. ژنراتور

Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you
    amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a weblog site?

The account helped me a appropriate deal. I had been tiny
    bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided vivid clear
    concept

12. コーチ バッグ トート

イベントの多い冬に向け、バッグやシューズなどニューアイテムが欲しくなる。今年もがんばったし、ご褒美を買っちゃおうかな! そこで、チェックしたいのが、新宿に10月29日(水)にオープンするコーチのフラッグシップストア「コーチ新宿」。昨年9月に就任したエグゼクティブ・クリエイティブ・ディレクター、スチュアート・ヴィヴァースのもと、新たに開発された“モダンラグジュアリー”がテーマの新コンセプトストアで、日本では初お披露目。コーチの次世代ストアをいち早く楽しめるなんて嬉しすぎる。どんなショップなのか、早速チェック!
    コーチ バッグ トート http://www.kitchencarts360.com/Yttgel/osArvfa-20150819-DIxR-8547.html

13. マイケルコース ハワイ限定 2015

ロマンティシズムを演出するのは、華やかなドレスだ。生地を1枚1枚丁寧に重ねたベアトップドレス、リボンベルトでウエストマークを施したロングドレス、ふわっと広がるAラインドレスなどが展開された。パンプスを合わせた上品な印象のルックがほとんどだが、その中でフラットサンダルを合わせカジュアルダウンしたスタイルは、エネルギッシュで印象的な装いとなった。マイケ・コース(MICHAEL KORS)が2015年秋、東京・銀座の中央通りに、日本国内最大となる旗艦店をオープン。 全カテゴリーの商品を展開する、世界初の店舗となる。
    マイケルコース ハワイ限定 2015 http://www.bybtravel.co.uk/hefe/michaelkors-209-ggxw.html

14. マイケルコース ランク gta

「ミランダ・ノベルティ」は、バッグの中央を彩るストライプ柄と、サイドのパンチング・レザーがボーイッシュな魅力を醸し出すデザイン。ブラウン又はブラックレザーにアクアブルーのストライプ、ホワイトのパンチング・レザーのカラーリングの縦長モデルと、レッド又はブラウンレザーにホワイトのストライプ、ブラックのパンチング・レザーのカラーリングの横長モデルの全4タイプ。フェミニンともマニッシュとも好相性の新作を、さっそくチェックして。
    マイケルコース ランク gta http://gss.co.ir/endmk/michaelkors-371-crxi.html

15. ルイヴィトン バッグ グラフィット

ロープ柄以外にも、イギリスのロッカースタイルを思わせるカフェレーサージャケットやラバーソールのシューズ、またイギリスを代表するプリンスオブウェールズ(グレンチェック)のトレンチコートなど、ネメスの生まれ育った国を思わせるアイテム使いが目立つ。そしてネメスが愛した日本。この日本らしさを思わせるルックも登場している。なんとブラックのデニムジャケットとパンツには、日本の和紙を表現したロープ柄が。その半生を日本で暮らしたネメスへ捧ぐ、秀逸なデザインだ。
    ルイヴィトン バッグ グラフィット http://www.silverline-wells.co.uk/selfe/louisvuitton-528-bqum.html

16. ルイヴィトン 80年代 ヴィジュアル系バンド

さらに取り外しや長さ調節が可能なストラップによってショルダーバッグとしても使えたり、スマートフォン用のダブルポケットが付いたりと機能性も抜群。すでにジェシカ・アルバやリース・ウィザースプーンなどのセレブリティからも人気を集めてる最新作“ロックイット”。今週金曜の全国発売をお見逃しなく!1958年の誕生以来、ルイ・ヴィトンのアイコンバッグとして愛されてきた「ロックイット」に新作が登場。6月13日(金)より全国のルイ・ヴィトン ストアにて発売される。しなやかなカーフレザーを使ったエレガントでタイムレスなバッグは、あらゆるシーンで洗練されたスタイルを演出する。
    ルイヴィトン 80年代 ヴィジュアル系バンド http://www.greenassistant.eu/acuf/louisvuitton-849-aruo.html

17. Dave

Hello my friend! I want to say that this post is awesome, nice written and come with almost all important infos.
    I’d like to see extra posts like this .

18. HONG KONG VPN

Hey tһere, І think үοur blog
    might ƅе ɦaving browser compatibilkity issues.
    Ꮃhen Ι ⅼߋok aat үօur website іn Chrome,
    it looks fine Ƅut աhen оpening іn Internet Explorer, itt Һаs
    ѕome overlapping. Ӏ ϳust ᴡanted tо givee yyou а quixk heads սp!

Otheer then tһat, awesome blog!

19. Aileen

Las más básicas se llaman Viva Collection y
    tal vez son 2 modelos demasiados básicos para los precios
    que tienen. de C.V. (“Conjunto HB/PS”), Applica Manufacturing,
    S. de R.L. de C.V. (“Applica Manufacturing”) y Ray Vac de
    México, Un zumo batido es perfecto para desayunar, con hoja verde, más o menos
    un litro para no pasar hambre. de América) por pieza y 18.64 (dieciocho dólares y sesenta y cuatro centavos de los
    Las nuevas Planchas de Vapor mAn están especialmente diseñadas para generar las
    mejores condiciones para planchar. de C.V. (“Gestar Electrodomésticos”),
    Sunbeam Oster de Acuña, Para ello te damos la información y
    las herramientas necesarias para que te resulte fácil consumir alimentos naturales
    frescos y crudos.

20. Jonas

Si usted necesita su atención inmediata es la referencia
    de urgencia las cerrajero 24 horas mojacar –
    Jonas – horas del día,
    pues en cualquier momento y en cualquier sitio, independientemente de la hora
    y el día irá a casa para traer la respuesta más completa a su inconveniente.

21. radio monitoring equipment

The informative graphical consumer interface
    of the MS-8118/G3 system makes it attainable for the consumer to look at the standing of the
    individual receiver channels at a glance, and
    set-up monitoring duties for a variety of purposes ranging from standard logging and time-schedule
    recording, to classy, fully automated, remotely-controlled radio surveillance operations.

22. junk hauling business names

The cost of the goodies on the market at an estate sale are usually priced higher than those at yard and storage gross sales, however you even have a better shot of scoring a very
    fascinating deal on one thing actually distinctive and not just cast-off junk.

23. web impressum definition

Hahaa- that jogs my memory of these Disneyland eating places the place the animals
    harrass you… I bear in mind being pressure-fed scrambled eggs by donald duck
    and upending a chair into a waitress, who spilled orange juice all over…

NOT fun- but amusing!

24. income property host family

Since Income management is a enterprise development
    area, which requires people to take initiative and analysis the appropriate facts through
    data, a revenue supervisor should then dedicate his time to research not only
    the rooms, but different ancillary revenues across the hotel property or the enterprise unit that
    result in a income era enhancement.

25. toroyale.com

It is unique as it really went against my thinking the very first time when I had read it.

Commit yourself to God and His Word, seek His counsel and pray for Him to steer you
    down this path. Every mentee got quarter-hour with four different mentors sucked from a wide range of professions: journalists, geo-scientists, army colonels, directors, entrepreneurs, chief executives,
    DJs, architects, surgeons, barristers, and academics were
    among the 165 ladies who gave up their time.