Update: Parker’s Grille and Tavern in Avon Lake is no longer participating in L’Amour du Vin (9/27/2013)
Working downtown, I’m a short walk away from a wealth of dining choices. However, the restaurants opening more and more frequently in Lorain County and Cleveland’s west side have me eating (and eating well) close to home.
Nearby I can find tempting Greek food at Taki’s, an intimate Italian dinner at Fratello’s, and BBQ at Bubba’s Q. And as I blogged earlier in the year, I can never go wrong at Cafe Melissa.
Last night we tried one of the area’s newest restaurants Bistro 83.
Stopping in for dinner after work, we enjoyed their Lump Crab Mac-n-Cheese and the Smoked Mozzarella Red Pepper Ravioli. Small touches like the pesto-cream on the mac and edamame on the ravioli added fresh, intense flavors to the dishes. A long list of wines and brews, as well as a very well-priced brunch menu have Scott and I planning a return trip this weekend.
At the 16th annual L’Amour du Vin on Thursday, October 10, Bistro 83 and other Cleveland West side restaurants will be showcasing their talent in the kitchen.
Whether you’re a longtime westsider already clued into our local restaurants, or live downtown/on the eastside and want to explore more of the region’s cuisine, enter my giveaway for two tickets to the Arthritis Foundation, Great Lakes Region, Northeast Ohio’s fundraiser.
Presented by EMH Healthcare at the Avon Oaks Country Club, L’Amour du Vin is Lorain County’s premier wine and food tasting event.
From 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm, attendees will enjoy hearty samplings from Ahern Catering, Aladdin’s Eatery, AMP150 Restaurant & Bar, BIstro 83 (VIP Lounge), Fazio’s Restaurant, Gatherings Kitchen, Kiedrowski’s Simply Delicious Bakery, La Campagna, Legacy Restaurant & Grille, Little Devil Cupcakery, Red Gables Mesquite Grill, Seryrell’s Salsa Products, and Your Deli.
In addition to the food, the fundraiser features:
- A selection of wine from around the world curated by Heidelberg of Lorain
- An exclusive KeyBank VIP Lounge with Brown Forman barrel-aged cocktails, cuisine from Bistro 83, and free spa services from EXHALE: The Spa at EMH
- Live music from the Oberlin College Conservatory of Music Jazz Ensemble, a silent auction, and the chance to win a 5-day, 4-night Western Caribbean cruise at the Wine Bottle Raffle.
General Admission tickets cost $60 per person ($75 at the door, night-of the event) which includes your food and wine. VIP tickets, which include access to the general party and the VIP Lounge, are $90.
Tickets can be purchased at http://lamourduvin2013.eventbrite.com or by calling Alicia at (216) 285-2822. Funds raised at L’Amour du Vin will support local programs, services and research for the nearly 1.3 million Northeast Ohioans with arthritis.
You can also enter my giveaway for a pair of general event tickets. How to enter: Do one, some, or all five of the entries. A separate comment is needed for each.
There are 5 Easy Ways to Enter the Giveaway
**You must leave a separate comment on this post for each entry**
1) What’s your favorite Lorain County or Cleveland West side restaurant? Leave a comment on this post with your pick.
3) If you’re a fan of Clue Into Cleveland and The Arthritis Foundation, Northeast Ohio Chapter on Facebook, leave one comment on this blog post letting me know. If you’re not yet a fan, you can become one here and here.
4) Tweet the following and leave one comment letting me know you tweeted:
Raise a glass to @ArthritisFouNEO at #LAmourduVin. Enter @ADHicken’s giveaway for your chance to win tickets: http://wp.me/p2Ukr0-2em
You can tweet once per day for additional entries. Just leave a separate comment each time you tweet.
5) Subscribe to Clue Into Cleveland via a feed tracker like Bloglovin’ or Feedly and leave one comment letting me know you did. This can also include signing up to receive email notifications in the top-right “Subscribe” section of this page.
You have until Monday, September 30 at 11:59 PM to enter. Random.org will select the winner, which I will announce on Tuesday, October 1. Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry – good luck!