Update: After removing pingbacks and duplicate entries, congratulations to entry 16, amanda @minky80.
Last June I ran my first Race for the Place 5K, a fundraiser for The Gathering Place. From support groups and nutrition classes to medical libraries and their HairPeace Wig Salons, The Gathering Place provides programs for anyone affected by cancer in Greater Cleveland.
I ran it for my dad, who beat melanoma and two rounds of lymphoma with a smile on his face and strength that continues to amaze me.
On Saturday, November 23, you’ll have the chance to support The Gathering Place’s mission — and you don’t need to lace up a pair of sneakers to do it.
From 5-9pm, Beachwood Place will host Compassion from Fashion. It’s the event’s 5th anniversary and will raise money not just for The Gathering Place, but also University Hospitals (UH) Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital.
Ticketholders will enjoy food from Nordstrom Sixth & Pine and Maggiano’s Little Italy, a cash bar, a $10 Beachwood Place gift card (for the first 1,000 tickets sold), and exclusive retailer discounts throughout the mall.
These one-night-only discounts are a great way to get an early start on holiday shopping or treat yourself!
A fashion show starting at 7pm will feature cancer survivors, children and families from UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospitals, and local favorites such as:
- Glenn Anderson, Q104 Fee’s Kompany personality, with his daughter, Madeline
- Mitchell Heard, Lake Erie Monsters center
- Maureen Kyle, WKYC reporter and personality
- Ryan “Mickey” McClean, Cosmo’s Hottest Bachelor of the Year
- Kelly McMann, Q104 host and personality
- Lee Moffie, Lake Erie Monsters defenseman
- Chris Van Vliet, 19 Action News entertainment reporter and Cosmo’s Hottest Bachelor of the Year
- Marcelle Varejao, wife of Cleveland Cavaliers power forward and center, Anderson Varejao
- Carrie Young, WEWS Live on Five producer, with her dog, Elmo
Pre-sale tickets can be purchased now at www.CompassionFromFashion.com for only $25 or at the door the night of the event for $30. Attendees will choose which charity they wish to support when purchasing their ticket.
I’m also giving away a pair of tickets this week. How to enter: Do one, some, or all five of the entries. A separate comment is needed for each.
You can increase your chances of winning over at WhyCLE’s giveaway which also went up today.
There are 5 Easy Ways to Enter the Giveaway
**You must leave a separate comment on this post for each entry**
1) Leave a comment on this post with your favorite place to shop at Beachwood Place. Need ideas? Check out some of the retailers on the Compassion from Fashion discount page.
4) Tweet the following and leave one comment letting me know you tweeted:
You can tweet once per day for additional entries. Just leave a separate comment each time you tweet.
5) Subscribe to Clue Into Cleveland via a feed tracker like Bloglovin’ or Feedly and leave one comment letting me know you did. This can also include signing up to receive email notifications in the top-right “Subscribe” section of this page.
You have until Wednesday, November 13 at 11:59 PM to enter. Random.org will select the winner, which I will announce on Thursday, November 14. Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry – good luck!
Note: The list of fashion show attendees was updated at 2pm on 11/7 after being informed Stefani Schaefer is no longer able to attend.