UPDATE: After removing one pingback and three retracted entries, and placing the remaining total in Random.org:
Congratulations, entry 26 – Franklin Mayse, for winning this giveaway!
Please reply to my email by the morning of 5/13 to confirm you can attend Silver Spoon.
Cleveland Magazine’s Silver Spoon Awards Party, May 14
When it comes to Cleveland food events, I like to prepare in advance. That means scouting which restaurants are going to be there, developing a game plan for the most efficient tasting route, and getting my appetite in shape.
There are some events I can get away with going in blind; however, if there’s anything I’ve learned from previous years, the Silver Spoon Awards Party is not one of those events.
I mean that in the best way.
When I’m asked for a list of my favorite Cleveland food events, a small handful come to mind. Year after year, Silver Spoon is consistently tops.
Each year, Cleveland Magazine readers vote on restaurants that are the best at what they do. Whether that’s pizza, brunch, sushi, Greek food, dessert, happy hour … the list goes on. The restaurant finalists are then invited to show off their signature dish in May to raise money for the Arthritis Foundation, Great Lakes Region, Northeastern Ohio.
Add on top of that, wine from eight international vinters, cocktails from Brown-Forman, a silent auction, late-night after-party in the VIP lounge, and loads of other surprises, and now you know why I prepare like I’m going to run a marathon.
This year’s Silver Spoon Party promises to be bigger than ever because it’s the 20th Anniversary. On Wednesday, May 14, over 40 restaurants will take over 200 Public Square.
20 Years of Cleveland Magazine’s Silver Spoon Awards
And today I’m happy to not only share a sneak peek at what this year’s restaurants have planned, but also 2 tickets for you to win!
Here are some of the dishes you’ll be salivating over:
- Aladdin’s Eatery: Jasmine’s Favorite and Lebanese Salata
- Blue Point Grille: Blue Point oysters
- Bubba’s-Q World Famous Bar-B-Q: De-boned baby back rib steak and Texas style brisket
- EDWINS Leadership and Restaurant Institute: Rabbit pie and ratatouille
- Felice Urban Café: Grilled Calamari Salad with New Potato Confit
- Great Lakes Brewing Co.: A tasting of a variety of beers and Bananas Foster Mousse Cups
- Humble Wine Bar: Chocolate towers and cheese cakes
- Jammy Buggars: PB&J Meatball Slider
- Luca Italian Cuisine: Sacchetti al Tartufata Bianco, white truffle and ricotta stuffed sacchetti, black truffle cream sauce, aged fig balsamic
- Lucky’s Café: Mini Reuben, corned beef, sauerkraut, on rye with Thousand Island dressing, all house made topped with swiss
- Master Pizza: Pepperoni, plain, sausage, and the award-winning “Popeye” pizzas
- Pacific East Coventry: Assortment of sushi
- Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar: Braised Beef Ropa Vieja
- Pearl of the Orient – East: Phoenix Salad (smoked shredded duck breast, chicken breast, agar agar, honeydew, cantaloupe, sesame seeds, sesame vinaigrette)
- Pearl of the Orient – West: Strip Steak with Hoisin Sauce and Crispy Wonton
- Phnom Penh: Vegetable Kuy Teav Chha Khmer; Chicken Preah Vihear
- Pier W: Crawfish etouffee and zucchini bloom fritter, fava bean emulsion
- Salmon Dave’s Pacific Grille: House cured wild salmon with citrus barbecue sauce and a mango poblano salsa
- Society Lounge: Ramos “Bathtub Gin” Fizz, Kegged and Carbonated Moscow Mule and Barrel Aged Woodford Manhattans
- Spice Kitchen + Bar: Seared Ramp Ravioli with green garlic sauce and micro greens
- Sweet Melissa: Chocolate covered strawberries, cannoli, chocolate cake, red velvet cake, NY style cheesecake, keylime tarts, cookies, and more
- Taki’s Greek Kitchen: Lamb chops w/mavrodaphine syrup, and spicy feta dip w/pita chips
- Toast: Pigs in a blanket
- Ty Fun Thai Bistro: Pad Thai
- Zoup! Euclid & East 4th Street: Lobster bisque and chicken pot pie
Check out the full list of participating restaurants to see who else will be there. Personally, I can’t wait to discover what Cork & Cleaver, DANTE/Ginko, Fired Up Tacos, Lolita, and Mama Roberto’s have up their sleeve.
Hungry yet? You can purchase tickets for the Silver Spoon Awards Party online for $150 (VIP) and $100 (general admission). Or you can enter to win two general admission tickets right here!
There are 5 Easy Ways to Enter the Giveaway
**You must leave a separate comment on this post for each entry**
1) Leave a comment telling me which dish or restaurant you’re most excited for.
2) If you’re a fan of The Arthritis Foundation, Northeastern Ohio Chapter and Clue Into Cleveland on Facebook, leave a comment on this blog post letting me know. If you’re not yet a fan, you can become one here and here.
3) Follow @ADHicken and @SilverSpoonCLE on Twitter and leave a comment letting me know you did both.
4) Tweet the following and leave one comment letting me know you tweeted:
I want to win tickets to @SilverSpoonCLE! Enter @ADHicken’s #SilverSpoonCLE giveaway: http://wp.me/p2Ukr0-2uQ #CLE
You can tweet once per day for additional entries. Just leave a separate comment each time you tweet.
5) Subscribe to Clue Into Cleveland via a feed tracker like Bloglovin’ or Feedly and leave one comment letting me know you did. This can also include signing up to receive email notifications in the top-right “Subscribe” section of this page.
You have until Sunday, May 11 at 11:59PM to enter. On Monday, May 12, Random.org will select a winner and I’ll announce the winner’s name on my blog. Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry – good luck!
Disclosure: I was invited to attend Silver Spoon with a guest and give away 2 tickets on my blog. My opinions and the choice to post about this event are my own.