Nothing – not even an 8-days-and-counting sinus infection – could have stopped me from BBQing with Scott’s family this weekend.
The weather was perfect (unbelievably so, after our winter), the grill was blazing with cheese brats and Dad Hicken’s BBQ-sauce-laced burgers, and Scott’s mom put together one of the best macaroni salads I’ve had.
Scott and I even squeezed in a bike ride down to the lake. It was a much-needed distraction to forget about the voice I lost 5 days earlier.
I love BBQs, and the best one of the summer happens in a few weeks. On June 27, Our Lady of the Wayside and Giant Eagle will host their annual Grapes & Ale party at Progressive Field.
From 7-10pm, enjoy barbeque from Hot Sauce Williams, Famous Dave’s, 100th Bomb Group, Battery Park Wine Bar, and Corleone’s while sampling 200 wines and beers from William Hill Estate Winery, St. Michelle, Chloe Wine Collection, Great Lakes, Magic Hat, and more.
Colin Dussault’s Acoustic Side Project is back this year with live blues music throughout the night.
This party pretty much sums up all the best parts of summer for me: BBQ, beer, and the Indians ballpark.
Just learn from my first Grapes and Ale experience. Don’t wear white unless you’re carrying stain remover.
I’m not the only one who loves Grapes and Ale. The event has gotten so big the last couple years that Our Lady of the Wayside is expanding the space they use in Progressive Field. That means room for even more fun!
Also new this year: Cupcake Vineyards’ Wine Truck will be making a tour stop at the event.
Grapes and Ale raises money for Our Lady of the Wayside. Located out in Avon, they provide services for 500 children and adults with developmental disabilities. Their programs include:
- 24/7 residential support in nearly 60 homes throughout Cuyahoga and Lorain counties, plus short-term emergency resident placement
- A fleet of 75 vehicles to provide transportation throughout Cuyahoga and Lorain for individuals with developmental disabilities
- The Pathways Program which cultivates daily living skills with instructional activities, community outings, and volunteering
Grapes and Ale tickets start at $50 (Premiere Grand Tasting level), which gets you access to wine samplings and BBQ, a souvenir glass, music, silent auction and the Cupcake Truck Tour. Samplings of craft beers are also available for purchase at the WKNR Market Pavilion Brew Garden. The $125 VIP Majic of Wine Tasting ticket includes all of this, plus free parking and a blind wine tasting from 6-7pm.
Don’t plan on drinking? Enjoy BBQ, unlimited water and pepsi with a $20 Designated Driver ticket.
You can order tickets online or you can enter to win two $50 tickets right here!
There are 5 Easy Ways to Enter the Giveaway
**You must leave a separate comment on this post for each entry**
1) Leave a comment telling me what’s your favorite side dish to serve at a BBQ.
4) Tweet the following and leave one comment letting me know you tweeted:
I want to win a night of BBQ, brews and blues at #GrapesandAle – enter @ADHicken’s giveaway for tickets: http://wp.me/p2Ukr0-2vJ #CLE
You can tweet once per day for additional entries. Just leave a separate comment each time you tweet.
5) Subscribe to Clue Into Cleveland via a feed tracker like Bloglovin’ or Feedly and leave one comment letting me know you did. This can also include signing up to receive email notifications in the top-right “Subscribe” section of this page.
You have until Tuesday, June 3 at 11:59PM to enter. On Wednesday, June 4, Random.org will select a winner and I’ll announce the winner’s name on my blog. Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry – good luck!