Blogkeeping Note: You have until 11:59 pm on Sept. 4 to enter the Taste of the Browns giveaway – good luck!
Celebrate the start of the 2012-2013 theatre season with Cleveland Public Theatre on Sept. 8
Cleveland theatre fans, rejoice! The summer break is over and many of our local theatres are ready to premiere their new seasons. A few quick bits of note:
- Football and theatre enthusiasts alike will love Cleveland Playhouse‘s Lombardi.
- The thought-provoking, but comedic Milk Milk Lemonade is currently playing through Sept. 8 at the often-off-the-wall, boundary-pushing convergence continuum.
- Beck Center for the Arts mounts the first locally produced run of Xanadu.
- And community auditions for Near West Theatre‘s November production of Children of Eden just wrapped (they’re still seeking volunteers for backstage crew and front-of-house work — call 216-961-9750 if interested).
If you want to keep up-to-date on what’s onstage, Cleveland.com’s theatre page and BroadwayWorld Cleveland are my favorite sites to bookmark.
CPT’s Pandemonium features dozens of local theatre, dance, visual and performance artists
Cleveland Public Theatre, in particular, knows this time of year is one to celebrate. So before they roll out their 2012-2013 shows in October, they’re throwing their 10th annual Pandemonium bash on September 8.
At Pandemonium: House of Dreams, CPT invites you to “choose your own adventure” with an extravaganza that features dozens of local theatre, dance, visual and performance artists and fabulous food and drink.
At Pandemonium, performances will pop up (or drop in) in the most-unexpected places
Check-in starts at 7pm, where guests will receive a performance schedule for the night. From there the evening is up to you as innovative performances will be popping up in surprise spots throughout CPT’s campus:
- Dance performances will feature Verb ballets, Inlet Dance Theatre, Wind and Sand Dance Company, Double-Edge Dance, Kevin Marr, Antaeus Dance and MorrisonDance.
- Live music by We the People, Queue Up, Last Call Cleveland, and Bobby Williams.
- Stand-up comedy by Ramon Rivas’ Accidental Comedy Feast.
- Original work by CPT’s The Dark Room, Eric Schmiedl, Holly Holsinger, Greg Vovos, Opera Per Tutti, Theater Ninjas and dozens more.
- Wandering performances by Talespinners Children’s Theatre, Ray McNeice, Robin VanLear, and Mark Zust.
- Cabaret Acts featuring Paul Hoffman and Alison Garrigan.
- Original performances by Raymond Bobgan.
- And installations by Jeon Francis and mother/daughter team Faye & Joan Hargate.
Meanwhile, chefs from BonBon Bake Shop, Latitude 41 N, Luxe Kitchen and Lounge, Root Café, Touch Food Truck and XYZ Grill and Tavern will be cooking up an outdoor feast. Treats from Sweet Moses and tastings from AMP 150, Players, Light Bistro, Fat Cats, Vento La Trattoria and Tartine will also be available.
The evening culminates with music and dancing til midnight.
Pandemonium supports CPT’s mission of developing new, adventurous works and education programs that speak to contemporary issues and empower positive change in the community
Tickets can be purchased in advance for $135 ($75 of which is tax-deductible) and valet parking, unlimited food, drinks and entertainment are included – so indulge yourself as much as you’d like with no regrets (at least til the next morning )!
Purchase Pandemonium tickets online or call 216.631.2727 x 212.
Still need convincing? Catch a glimpse of last year’s Pandemonium experience then go get your tickets:
Pandemonium 2011 from Ted Sikora on Vimeo.
Photo Credits and Disclosure: Photos credited to Steve Wagner. Graphic provided by Cleveland Public Theatre. A guest and I were invited to attend Pandemonium in exchange for sharing about it on my blog.